Monday, April 9, 2012

Working it out...

I have spent the last nine months of my life learning everything about Snohomish County I could possibly learn.  I have discovered many wonderful and many not so wonderful things about our county.  I have been elated to see so many good things that have been done, or are being done, and have been saddened by so many bad things that still need to be fixed.  Yet, I still don't know where I fit in.  Where can I lend a hand?  Where can I be that will help the most?  After all this time I still am pondering these questions that I started to ask at day one.  I believe I have come to a realization, however.  Will we ever have the perfect county to live in?  Will we ever agree how to handle every situation that arises in the county? No, but I don't believe that is the point.  It is the act of caring that is the important part.  Passion to help, assist, improve, preserve, etc. is the most important thing to each and everyone of us.  We as individuals grow and our lives are enriched as we work for the community.  Graduation is upon us and I still don't have a one dedicated area of focus. As long as I keep looking, and in the meantime give of myself as I search, I'm not in any big rush.  I am working it out...  and everything in the end will be just fine.

No comments: