Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."

The recent education day was very enlightening for me on multiple levels. Prior to my work at Boeing, I spent 7 years working for the Oklahoma State Department of Education in different capacities from School Auditor to Special Education Compliance. I will always have a special spot in my heart for all teachers because their job is truly one that requires a great degree of self-sacrifice. The examples we saw made it very clear to me that it truly does take a village to raise a child. Parents need to take an active role in all facets of education. Everyone needs to take a participatory role in education in one form or another. Life is not a spectator sport. One of my favorite quotes comes from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, " Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do." This experience in LSC will touch us all in different ways, I challenge each one of my co-leaders to pay it forward and apply their special talents in a way that will leave a lasting legacy. Looking forward to the next education day!!!

No comments: